Private Hospital Benefits at Healthscope Group Hospitals
To our valued members,
CBHS Corporate is committed to providing you with private hospital cover options which offer affordable and high-quality healthcare. To meet this commitment, CBHS Corporate has agreements with over 500 private hospitals across Australia including the Healthscope Group of Hospitals (Healthscope).
Unfortunately, the Australian Health Services Alliance (AHSA) which negotiates hospital agreements on behalf of CBHS Corporate and 27 other not-for-profit or member-owned health funds has been unable to reach a resolution on a new agreement with Healthscope.
Healthscope’s proposed terms meant charges for hospital admissions would be much higher than we consider acceptable and in the best interests of our members. Agreeing to these charges would also put significant pressure on keeping your premiums as low as possible.
As we did not agree to these terms, Healthscope made the decision to terminate our agreement effective from 17 June 2020.
What this means for you
From 17 June 2020, Healthscope hospitals will no longer be considered CBHS Corporate agreement hospitals. This means that if we are unable to resolve this issue and you attend a Healthscope hospital for a procedure or treatment, you are likely to experience out-of-pocket costs. See below for a full list of Healthscope hospitals.
As with all hospital admissions, we recommend you contact the hospital to confirm what your out-of-pocket costs will be. This is known as informed financial consent. If you know what procedure or treatment you are having, please call our Member Care team who can advise how much CBHS Corporate will cover before you go into a Healthscope hospital. You can also choose to be treated at an agreement hospital to avoid significant out-of-pocket costs.
What if I have surgery or a procedure planned?
There is no change to CBHS Corporate members whose hospital admissions are:
- before 17 June 2020.
- pre-booked before 17 June 2020 for admission before 17 December 2020 (excluding pregnancy and birth services).
- pre-booked before 17 June 2020 for admission before 17 March 2021 (pregnancy and birth services).
- part of an ongoing course of treatment, such as, chemotherapy, dialysis, psychiatric treatment or rehabilitation until completion of the course of treatment or up to and including 17 December 2020.
- you require an emergency admission up to and including 17 September 2020.
If you would like details of options to reduce your out-of-pocket costs or if you have any questions, please see our FAQs below or contact our Member Care team Monday to Friday 7am – 7pm AEST on 1300 586 462 or email email@example.com
Finally, we are continuing to negotiate with Healthscope. Our intention is to reach an agreement that is in your best interests. We will regularly communicate the progress of these discussions and how they will impact you.
Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director
CBHS Corporate Health
- Ashford Community Hospital
- Bellbird Private Hospital
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Campbelltown Private Hospital
- Darwin Private Hospital
- Dorset Rehabilitation Centre
- Flinders Private Hospital
- Frankston Private Hospital
- Gold Coast Private Hospital
- Griffith Rehabilitation Hospital
- Holmesglen Private Hospital
- Hunter Valley Private Hospital
- John Fawkner - Moreland Private Hospital
- Knox Private Hospital
- La Trobe Private Hospital
- Lady Davidson Private Hospital
- Melbourne Private Hospital
- Memorial Hospital
- Mount Private Hospital (Perth)
- National Capital Private Hospital
- Nepean Private Hospital
- Newcastle Private Hospital
- North Eastern Rehabilitation Centre
- Northern Beaches Hospital
- Northpark Private Hospital
- Norwest Private Hospital
- Pacific Private Day Hospital
- Parkwynd Private Hospital
- Peninsula Private Hospital (QLD)
- Pine Rivers Private Hospital
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital
- Ringwood Private Hospital
- St Helens and Hobart Private Hospital
- Sunnybank Private Hospital
- Sydney Southwest Private Hospital
- The Geelong Clinic
- The Hills Private Hospital
- The Melbourne Clinic
- The Sydney Clinic
- The Victoria Clinic
- Tweed Day Surgery
- Victorian Rehabilitation Centre – Eastern